English Bachelor’s Programme Committee 2/24

The main decision and discussion items in the second English Bachelor’s Programme Committee meeting of the year on 15th of March were drafting a programme curriculum for 2024-2026 and study option description revision for Admission 2025. Apologies for posting this here so late!

The committee looked through and approved proposals for the 2024-2026 programme curriculum for each major and minor programmes. Regarding the Quantum Technology programme, there will be some major changes. In the first year, the course Introduction to Quantum Technology is now completed in only period II instead of periods I-II. There is now a 5-credit course in Mechanics which is recommended to complete in period I. In addition, Electromagnetism was removed from the curriculum. In 2025-2026, the course Electromagnetic Fields substitutes it. It is organized during periods I-II and recommended to complete during the second year. The committee agreed on the proposals and accepted them, including a few suggestions for changes for the Data Science minor curriculum that came up in the meeting during the discussion.

The committee also discussed the need to update the study option descriptions of each major. According to the schedule discussed in the meeting, this update should be done now and published during the fall. One member of the committee also had an idea of having alumni testimonials and career descriptions for the majors. However, this additional project was not discussed further, at least yet. Therefore, some details, such as where and when these descriptions would be posted, were left unclear.

1 tykkäys