Tomas Capiten for International Captain 2025 / Kv-kippariksi 2025

Morjesta!

I’m Tomas, a third-year QT and a bit of a firecracker. I’ve enjoyed the past two years immensely and tried all sorts of things within the guild. I’ve been doing BIG stuff since my second year, when I was a responsible BIG for Quantum Tech fuksis, and after that continued as International BIG and Academic Tutor. I also wanted to try something new, and over the past year, you might have seen me in the Foreign Relations committee, Wappu Committee, or QT Committee. The end result is that I’m now applying for the role of International Captain. In my free time, I like cooking or jamming to sweet riffs, and my most recent passion is surfing <3.

The role of International Captain appeals to me because of its duality: fuksi orientation combined with foreign relations. First of all, tutoring fuksis has interested me ever since my fuksi orientation week. The atmosphere that this guild and Otaniemi, in general, creates for new fuksis is truly inspiring, and I want to contribute to that. Particularly as a QT and International BIG, I’ve seen how important tutoring is for international students. As International Captain, I want to lead by example, showing who we are in the Guild of Physics, and create an approachable and joyful atmosphere together with the International BIGs and all other BIG people. Additionally, what’s great about raising new fuksis is the variety of events that can be organized. I’ve had the chance to arrange everything from sitsis to excursions and sports events, and as the International Captain, the organizing of events would be even more diverse. Through the BIG Council, I’ve also seen and been part of the planning of fuksi orientation and BIG activities, so I have a good foundation for taking on the responsibility next year.

The second appealing aspect of being International Captain is the foreign relations. Over the past year, I’ve been involved in the collaboration between guilds and organizations, and I see it as an important counterbalance to life in Otaniemi. I know how the External Relations Committee works and what it needs, and next year, a key task for the International Captain will be to help the committee become more independent. Many external relations were severed during the pandemic, and I see a lot of potential for the committee in the future. My goal is to give freedom in operations to the Foreign Relations Officer and the committee and to approach a position similar to Lukkaristo or Hottis within the guild. A more independent committee would free some precious time for fuksi related work, and I would like the International Captain to collaborate more closely with the Fuksi Division.

To sum it up, my teamwork skills, organizational and delegation abilities, and energy will definitely come in handy in the role of International Captain. I’m also familiar with administrative work from some previous board positions. I’m looking forward to learning more about organizing large-scale events both within the guild and the board, as well as at the AYY level in the KVTMK. I hope this text has given you some insight into my vision, and feel free to reach out on TG @TomasCapiten.

See ya!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Morjesta!

Oon Tomas, kolmannen vuoden QT ja oon nauttinut menneestä kahdesta vuodesta valtavasti, ja kokeillut killassa kaiken näköistä. ISOt hommat ovat olleet mukana toisesta vuodesta lähtien, kun toimin vastuuISOna QT-kandeille, jonka jälkeen jatkoin kvISOna ja opiskelijatuutorina. Halusin kokeilla muutakin ja viimeisen vuoden aikana mut on saattanut nähdä Ulkosuhdetoimarin tehtävissä, Wapputoimikunnassa sekä QT-toimikunnassa. Lopputulos on, että silmissä siintää nyt Kv-kipparin rooli. Vapaalle päästyäni, tykkään kokkailla tai jammailla suloisten riffien tahtiin, ja uusin intohimoni on surffaaminen <3.

Kv-vastaavuus on mulle viehättävä rooli kaksinaisuutensa vuoksi: fuksikasvatus yhdessä ulkosuhdetoiminnan kanssa. Ensinnäkin fugeilu on kiinnostanut fuksivuoden orientaatioviikosta saakka. Ilmapiiri, jonka tämä kilta ja Otaniemi yleensäkin voivat luoda uusille fukseille on mitä sykähdyttävin, ja haluan antaa työpanokseni siihen. Etenkin QT- ja kv-ISOna olen nähnyt kuinka tärkeää työtä tutortoiminta on kansainvälisille opiskelijoille. Kv-kipparina haluan olla näyttämässä esimerkkiä, keitä me fyysikkokiltalaiset olemme ja luoda lähestyttävän sekä iloisen ilmapiirin yhdessä kv-ISOjen ja muiden fugeilijoiden kanssa. Lisäksi siistiä fuksikasvatuksessa on järjestettävien tapahtumien moninaisuus. Olen päässyt järjestämään tapahtumia sitseistä ekskuihin ja urheilutapahtumiin, ja Kv-vastaavana organisointi olisi vielä monipuolisempaa. ISOneuwostossa olen myös nähnyt ja päässyt mukaan fuksikasvatuksen ja ISOtoiminnan suunnitteluun, joten mulla on hyvät lähtökohdat ottamaan vastuuta tästä ensi vuonna.

Toinen viehättävä puoli Kv-kipparuudessa on ulkosuhteet. Viimeisen vuoden aikana olen uppoutunut kiltojen ja järjestöjen väliseen yhteistyöhön ja pidän sitä tärkeänä vastapainona Otaniemen elämälle. Tiedän, miten ulkosuhdetoimikunta toimii ja mitä se tarvitsee, ja ensi vuonna tärkeänä tehtävänä Kv-kipparilla on auttaa toimikuntaa itsenäistymään. Monet ulkosuhteet katkesivat koronan aikana, ja näen toimikunnalla olevan paljon potentiaalia jatkossa. Tavoitteenani on antaa toiminnan vapaus Ulkosuhdevastaavalle ja –toimikunnalle ja lähestyä Lukkariston tai Hottiksen kaltaista asemaa killassa. Toimikunnan itsenäistyminen vapauttaisi kallisarvoista aikaa kipparointityölle, ja haluaisin Kv-kipparin olevan tiiviimmässä yhteistyössä fuksijaoksen kanssa.

Summa summarum, yhteistyökykyisyyteni, organisointi- ja delegointitaitoni sekä energisyyteni tulevat varmasti hyötyyn Kv-kipparin roolissa ja hallintohommatkin ovat tuttuja menneiden hallituspestien kautta. Odotan oppivani lisää suurten kokonaisuuksien organisoimisesta niin killan sisällä ja raadissa kuin AYY:n tasolla KVTMK:ssa. Toivottavasti tää teksti avarsi näkemyksiäni, ja vastailen mielelläni kysymyksiin TG:ssä @TomasCapiten.

See ya!

14 tykkäystä